Enjoy this fun forest and tree study!
Each week you and your student(s) will be:
- Reading living books for multiple ages
- Doing copywork (secular) from the books you’re reading
- Nature notebooking your science lessons
- Going on forest walks for hands on experience
- Nature journaling
- Enjoy creative writing prompts
- Science vocabulary terms
- Optional forest school activities
- Your choice of poetry or art projects
What do I need for this study?
Can I see Samples?
- Teacher Guide Introduction
- Week 2 Forest Study Sample
- Level 1 Student Page Sample
- Level 2 Student Pages Sample
What ages is this unit for?
Is this truly Secular?
Is it Christian friendly?
Do I need to live close to a forest?
Do you need ALL the books?
You definitely don’t need all of them, I would highly recommend using the the first 4 in the list below. The forest school is optional, and you can enjoy nature journaling without a nature journal instruction book. I offer tips every week regardless of whether you use those pages.
Kid Tree Books that are Used
For this tree study for kids, I chose some of the best kids books on trees. You will need these for this unit study (you can borrow them or buy).
- The Magic and Mystery of Trees by Claire McElfatrick and Jen Green
- The Tree Book for Kids and Their Grown Ups by Gina Ingoglia
- DK Trees, Leaves, Flowers & Seeds by Sarah Jose
- The Boreal Forest by L. E. Carmichael
- Nature Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Botanicum: Welcome to the Museum by Kathy Willis
This instant download listing is PDFs sized to standard 8.5x11 inch paper. Your PDF will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me :)
Please do not resell or redistribute this PDF. It is for personal use only and can be printed multiple times for a single user. Because this product is a digital download no refunds will be issued.
This product is the property of Nature Homeschool © 2021