Farm and Food Unit Study for Kids
Use beautiful and educational books for a Charlotte Mason inspired morning basket.
Teach kids about global food and farming in 2 days a week. One day covers seasonal farm rhythm , the second day covers global food cuisine and geography.
After reading the farm books there is a 'discuss, design, make and draw' section. Students will do fun things like design a chicken coop or corn maze, enjoy notebooking the anatomy of animals or making things like butter or bread for some old fashioned skills.
Students will also enjoy learning about geography and trying new recipes after reading your global cuisine food books.
This unit is a gentle introduction to the world of food and encourages notebooking and copywork after reading the books together for Charlotte Mason inspired learning.
Included in this study
- Beautiful teacher's guide
- Copywork passages of different lengths to choose from
- Some early years activity pages and farm/food inspired alphabet
- Includes FREE seasonal and inspiration food and farm posters to print
- Big list of farm or food culture picture books to add
- Fun optional hands on activities and field trips
Sample of the teachers guide: Farm & Food Morning Basket sample
Spine Books for this unit study
- The Farm that Feeds Us - by Nancy Castaldo
- What’s On your Plate? by Whitney Stewart
- Farm Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Food Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Maps by by Aleksandra and Daniel Mizielinski
- Cooking Class Global Feast! by Deanna F Cook
We encourage you to select some of the many farm or diverse food and culture picture books each week.
This instant download listing is PDFs sized to standard 8.5x11 inch paper. Your PDF will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me :)
Please do not resell or redistribute this PDF. It is for personal use only and can be printed multiple times for a single user. Because this product is a digital download no refunds will be issued.
This product is the property of Nature Homeschool © 2021