Would your family love to learn more about herbs?
This is a year-round herb study organized by the seasons. Learn how to plan your home herb garden, forage for wild plants, use fresh herbs in the kitchen, for herbal remedies and body care products.
For ages K-12 (and adults!)
What you will Learn:
- How to identify and use herbs from your backyard, foraging or herb garden
- Learn some history of uses, latin names, parts of plants and beneficial properties
- Understand your local seasonal rhythm and what herbs are available when
- Read herb folk tales
- Plan a backyard herb garden or indoors
- Harvest and preserve herbs from your garden or your foraging adventures
- Make body or health care products such as salves, syrups, lotion bars, bath salts, herbal eye pillows and more
- Research culinary recipes to make food with bursts of flavour
- Make herb crafts, gifts, host a herbal tea party and sprout a ginger plant and more
Includes 163 pages, beautiful illustrated herb profiles, seasonal recipes and fun.
This is a year-round study!
You can jump in anytime. It's organized by the seasons so you can feel more connected to growing and harvesting herbs in your backyard or foraging.
You will need the following books for this herb study:
- A Kid's Herb Book: For Children of All Ages by Lesley Tierra
- Herbal Adventures: Backyard Excursions And Kitchen Creations For Kids And Their Families by Rachel Jepson Wolf
- Foraging with Kids: 52 Wild and Free Edibles to Enjoy with Your Children by Adele Nozedar
For grades 4-12
- Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use by Rosemary Gladstar
- Healing Herbal Infusions by Colleen Codekas
Download the sample here--> Herbs Study for Kids Sample.pdf
This instant download listing is PDFs sized to standard 8.5×11 inch paper. Your PDF will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not resell or redistribute this PDF. It is for personal use only and can be printed multiple times for a single user. Because this product is a digital download no refunds will be issued.
This product is the property of Nature Homeschool © 2024